Michel has more than 10 years of accounting and taxation experience in multiple sectors such as technology, media, pharmaceuticals, aerospace, mining, retail and services.
Michel has provided tax-consulting services for a number of years. He has worked for large accounting firms in Montreal, including EY and more recently Deloitte as senior manager, business taxation. Michel also has experience in industry. In particular, he was controller, taxation and treasury, at Stingray. Thanks to his varied professional background, he is able to provide his clients with reliable and cost-effective advice that suits their needs. He helps his clients to meet their tax obligations while minimizing their tax burden.
Michel has established expertise in the following areas:
- accounting for tax provisions of groups with international operations;
- preparation for Canadian tax compliance;
- participation in mandates relating to transaction tax issues for mergers and acquisitions;
- international taxation capability during collaboration with foreign consultants in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Israel, the Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland;
- contact and negotiation with Canadian tax authorities.
Michel is a chartered accountant, a member of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec and holds a master of laws, taxation option, from HEC Montréal.